Achievements: Canadian government procurement
Over the past 60 years, CCC has delivered in-kind aid in the form of equipment, training and supplies around the globe. Highlights include:
- In 2011, CCC signed a memorandum of understanding with CIDA to manage a large-scale project for Haiti’s police force, including training and the building a new police academy.
- Through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), the Government of Canada hosted the 52nd Annual Public Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) in Calgary, Alberta, in March 2011. On behalf of CIDA, CCC completed the contracting and procurement activities necessary to manage the logistics for this high-profile international event.
- CCC organized the Caribbean Development Bank’s 2008 annual meeting in Halifax, Nova Scotia, handling all purchasing requirements including conference space, hotels, transportation and security.
- In 2005, CCC provided equipment and training for the 5th annual Jeux de la Francophonie in Niamey, Niger. We worked closely with local NGOs to deliver necessary services, and launched a capacity building program to help local staff improve knowledge and skills in security, health, logistics and communications.
- In 2005, CCC worked on an emergency procurement to deliver international assistance to the African Union during the Sudan crisis. The project involved coordinating, training and supplying equipment to police forces from three separate nations. More recently, CCC developed an urgent procurement strategy with GAC to deliver helicopters, crew, maintenance and insurance to Sudan—in just 19 days from statement of work to final delivery.
- In 2002, CCC worked with CIDA to deliver Canadian-furnished pharmaceuticals to Zambia.
History: Canadian government procurement
- 1946: CCC is created as a Crown Corporation by an Act of Parliament. Its mandate is to support the reconstruction of Europe following World War II, led by the U.S. under the Marshall Plan. Aid-related projects include radium and health equipment for use in European hospitals.
- 1968 - 1978: CCC undertakes all procurements for foreign aid for the CIDA, formed in 1968. By 1972, CCC has signed new procurement agreements with Tanzania, Iran, Antigua, Chile and Grenada. By 1976, purchases on behalf of CIDA totaled $77.5 million.
- 2001 – 2004: CCC provides pharmaceuticals to Zambia on behalf of CIDA.
- 2007: CCC and GAC enter into a memorandum of understanding designed to effectively deliver in-kind contributions to foreign recipients through CCC. This creates a mechanism for GAC to quickly and easily access CCC services and expertise.